Job purpose : To design, implement and execute testing procedures for our software applications (Web and Mobile). In this role, the candidate will be responsible for analyzing the functionality of applications, designing, implementing and executing the automated tests to validate their performance and to minimize the regression cycle.
Technical Skills: (must have)
● Sound understanding of SDLC processes and the QA lifecycle and methodology.
● Hands-on experience with writing Automation test scripts for Mobile Apps and Web Apps using any of the industry standard Automation framework such as Selenium Webdriver, Cucumber, Appium, Calabash, Magneto Testing, etc.
● Familiarity with programming script languages supported by the Test Automation Frameworks (example: Java, C# for Selenium)
● Hands-on experience with any of the bug tracking tools(e.g. GitLab, Jira, Bugzilla, Redmine, Mantis etc.)
● Excellent analytical skills.
● Hands-on with defect logging and test reporting
Additional Skills: (nice to have)
● Knowledge of performance testing tools such as JMeter.
● Understanding of CI/CD/CT
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES : Key accountability of QA Automation Engineer will be to setup QA process, create test plans, write documentations, build test automation suites and ensure Quality of web and mobile apps by manual and automation testing.
● QA and Documentation
○ Sketching out ideas for automated software test procedures.
○ Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
○ Adapt, design, develop and execute automation scripts for web and mobile platform
○ Reviewing software bug reports and highlighting problem areas
○ Manage and Troubleshooting automation software
○ Install and set up databases and backup applications to prevent errors and protect against data loss.
○ Identifying quality issues and creating test reports.
○ Work closely with development team to reproduce and fix bugs/issues
● Post-delivery participation - Training and User Feedback
○ Participate in user feedback sessions to identify and understand user requirements
○ Work closely with support team and participate in user training session